Introduction & General Tips
This program is intended for a residential spa with average use. It is not designed for public, commercial or semi-public spas. If your spa is used more than 3 times per week, you should check and make chemical additions more often than suggested.
|PROPER LEVELS FOR BALANCED WATER|
|pH||7.2 - 7.8|
|Alkalinity||80 - 120 ppm|
|Calcium Hardness||150 - 400 ppm|
|Sanitizer||3 - 5 ppm|
- Prior to each use, test spa water to ensure that sanitizer level is in proper range of 3-5 ppm.
- If spa is used more than three times per week, water testing and maintenance will need to be performed more frequently.
- Filter cycle should be run a minimum of 6-8 hours per day.
- To ensure water quality and keep the water easy to balance, Leisure Time recommends draining your spa water at least every three months, or more often if the spa is used frequently.
- Polish the entire spa surface with Fast Gloss prior to filling.
- Add Metal Gon during the fill cycle.
- Balance water according to your Leisure Time dealer’s instructions, or if you use Spa & Hot Tub Test Strips to test water, plug in the results using the online water analysis at LeisureTimeSpa.com for corrective action.
- By adding pH Balance Plus* at this time, you will reduce the need to adjust your pH for up to three months.
- Add any Leisure Time sanitizer.**
- Test water using Spa & Hot TubTest Strips to make sure water is still balanced.
- Shock with Renew. Skip this step if using Reserve & Renew sanitizing system.
*pH Balance Plus is sold individually.
**See Spa Care Guide for Leisure Time’s sanitizer choices.
Always allow product to circulate in water for one minute with jets on prior to adding another product. Circulate water for 10 minutes after all products are added.
After Each Use
- Remove the spa filter and clean using Instant Cartridge Clean.
- Spa cover should be cleaned and conditioned.
- Add Jet Clean according to label directions. (Remember to remove filter prior to use.)
- Drain your spa.
- Clean the shell of the spa with CitraBright and wipe down.
- Apply Fast Gloss to spa surface to protect, seal and keep the spa finish from fading.
- Deep clean filter with Filter Clean.
- Follow Start-Up procedure including having your source water tested professionally.
- Replace your Spa Mineral Purifier.
- Clean your spa cover and condition it.